Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Metaphor Phor Me





I've been waiting for a package for over 2 years now. No, it's not my latin lover, Raul, finally here from Brazil with his oiled up abs and biceps-*ahem*-No, It's my 16th birthday present and I still don't know what it is. It's been "on it's way" for 2 years, I'm begining to think it's not coming.




That's my metaphor.




I've been seriously trying to lose weight for over 2 years and it stills isn't here. I feel like Nero waiting for Spock to arrive. I don't know how it's going to get here or when it's going to get here but I know that one day it will be here. I'm hoping it arrives before Halloween because I want to go as Gene Simmons from KISS's album "Dressed to Kill" and I know it won't look as good if I'm 57 pounds overweight. I've got slim my thighs, my arms, my tummy. And I've got to let my hair grow out and not cut it off like I always do.






Sometimes I wonder if I'm not wasting my time by setting goals like this? I mean, really it only sets me up for potential failure. I know a lot of failure has to do with what you let slip and so far, I've done pretty good. I'm 230.4 this morning. My goal for the end of this month is to be in the low 220's. Let's go me!!




In other none me-being-fat news, I went to a Cardinals game on the 18th (we swept the Dodgers!! woo!) and got sunburned. AND checked out! yeah, I actually stood there mouth agape. I'm just glad I was able to avoid being hit by the golf cart ambulance that went cruising past.

I've seriously got to start asking for numbers from now on. He stopped, looked from head to toe than back up and rubbed his hands together...menacingly. Okay, maybe he was an escaped convict panning on making me his next victim. Either way, I was flattered. So, potential Ex-Con, if you're reading this, thank you for at least making me feel sexy and irresistible for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment