Monday, July 13, 2009

Defeat the want to eat

Today marks the first week of my NEW eating guidelines. Leaner meats, veggier veggies, and juicy fruits are what I am supposed to eat now.

Last Saturday and Sunday I tested out the portion control guidelines and cursed at the chapter about controlling your sugar intake. I've already lost 2 lbs., yay me!

It's been hard trying to get some exercise. Now that I've got my drivers permit, besides the cardio I give my Mom from imaginary brake stomping and panic attacks, I've been in a seated position longer than I've been in a bike, jogger, or crunch position. Sure, every M-W-F I'm up with my mom and lil' bro'tha exercising but that's not really enough considering I spend more time making sure they're actually doing the movements correctly and getting the full benefit.
When I started the PCG (portion control guidelines) last Thursday, I felt really good! I was smiling while munching on an egg white omelet and drinking naught but purified water from a jug. I'm taking in 1,200 to 1,500 calories each day, and I actually think that might be a little much.
Sound crazy? Here's my reason: On Tuesday, my menu called for Spicy Black Bean Skillet Medley (1/2 cup serving = 400 cal.) which I did not like at all. Instead of corn, tomatoes, and black beans smothered in hot sauce I opted for half a grilled turkey lunchmeat sandwich (1/2 sandwich = 250 cal.) and half a bag of "100 calories a bag: fudge striped cookies" and you've got a delicious lunch for only 300 calories. That day I consumed only 1,000 calories and boy did I feel energetic. I was in a sweeter disposition and actually got along with my older bro'tha! Weird!

I've gotten down 2 lbs. and am now at 236.8. I can't wait to see that ONEderful ONEderland of 170. I can feel it ready to explode outta me and onto the nearest passerby all the time. It's like a stalker, I know it's there sometimes I can see it, but how do I talk to it?
Speaking of stalker, just once I think it would be hilarious to see a celebrity stalking a fan as opposed to vice versa. There's some REAL tabloid news!
THIS JUST IN!! TWILIGHT VAMP HUNK ROBERT PATTINSON SEEN SNOOPING AROUND ALLEDGED VAMP FAN'S HOME!!

I would read that magazine.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment