Sunday, July 5, 2009

"I should like me, like me."

So, today while tooling around on the web while doing side curls, I came across a blog being written by an overweight teenager like myself.
She was writing about self acceptance and how you should feel when you look in the mirror and what not, one of her quotes that I'm diggin' is "I should like me, like me.".
While she was all for weight loss, she was totally against it when it came to vain purposes.
While I will say that weight loss for vain reasons is not nessicarily the best way to go into it, I'd be a hypocrite. I'm not just losing weight for health reasons, -granted, that is why I started- I'm also losing weight to look prettier and sexier and more feminine.
I'm fabulous the way I am right now, can't really say I don't think I'm hot. But, I'd like to be 'Fab' not 'Flab'.
We do however, need people with views like hers to help keep all the teenage females in a proper mindset.
"I am sooooo fat." is something girls say to themselves way too often.
Girls, If you're 5'6" and 110lbs. you are NOT fat. You're a -pardon the description- weirdo.
You obviously need to get your vision checked or something.
I don't know why women in general have this view of themselves.
Losing weight when you -like me- need to lose it, isn't bad. Losing weight when you want to tone or firm up a little, still not bad.
But ladies who're 5 lbs. underweight and still think they need to lose 5 lbs. , That is bad.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some Christina Aguleira to sing.

You are beautiful, no matter what they say! yes, words can bring yoou doooooowwnnnnnn!
you are beautiful, in every single way! no, words can't brring yoou dooooooowwwnnn! No, no, no!


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment