Thursday, July 2, 2009

I want to drop my pants.....

size. I'm currently 235 lbs. and in a size 16. I'm only one away from my goal size, but, as it turns out a size sixteen isn't so teeny as it appeared at 246. I'm hoping to get down to a size 14/ 12 by December.
Losing weight has somehow made me a fitness guru. Now, whenever people (in my family, especially) want to start working out they ask me for advice. While I'm all to happy to help, It's kind of strange.
Think about it, almost a year ago I was 261lbs. and unable to walk up stairs without gasping for breath and screaming "Bloody Murder!" now, I'm 235lbs. and all of a sudden I'm Ms. BodyBuilder? granted, I have to say I've lost alot of inches and gained alot of muscle and tone but I know people who're skinnier than me and more toned than me.
I think it comes from the fear of being judged. Naturally people assume a fat person isn't going to judge you because they're judged themselves. Not that I'm going to judge them for coming to me, I'm gung ho over the situation I just think that you might be robbing that person of a chance to show off their skillz.

Yes, I spelled it with a 'Z'.

Another thing civilians frequently want to know is why I'm taking my own sweet time getting thin? I've lost the weight slowly because I'm hoping for very little loose skin. Trying to tone as I go and what not has actually been working but, I'm not going to see as much loose skin over a 25 lb loss.

I'm finding dumbbells and running shoes are my favorite things now, as well as Punk Rock Aerobics, Kathy Kaehler, Steve Zim and Pilates. Really anything that will kill my butt afterwards leaving it a burning cinder. I love the pain after a good, thorough workout.
"MMM! the burn means it's working!" I say to myself, sweat dripping off my face similar to the landing scene in Airplane.

I'm going to lose weight at a slow pace, because like the tortoise, "Slow and steady wins the race".

No comments:

Post a Comment